The City of Vaughan Social Media Policy
- The Social Media Policy establishes service standards and procedures relating to social media networks used by the City of Vaughan for the purpose of:
- Providing accurate, timely and clear information about City services, programs and public safety to City of Vaughan residents, businesses, visitors and other stakeholders;
- Increasing accessibility to local government in order to encourage greater interest and participation in local affairs;
- Promoting greater transparency in government; and
- Assisting City departments and employee site administrators to implement best practices on a consistent basis across the Corporation, and mitigate risks relating to social media usage.
The City of Vaughan reserves the right to review, edit, modify or delete any comment submitted to a City social media site by a user (i.e. visitor to a City social media site).
The City of Vaughan reserves the right to deny access to City of Vaughan social media sites for any individual who violates the City of Vaughan’s Social Media Policy.
Comments on topics or issues not within the jurisdictional purview of the City of Vaughan may be removed.
Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content will not be posted to City of Vaughan social media sites:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, age, religion, gender, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns;
- Solicitation of commerce, not related to City business or initiatives;
- Content in violation of any Canadian law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.