Vaughan Budget 2016
Vaughan is a growing city. This growth would not be possible without the tremendous support of the City’s biggest asset – the people of Vaughan. We know how hard you work to support your family and we respect your tax dollars.
Did you know for every dollar Vaughan collects in property taxes, only 27 cents stay with the City to pay for more than 200 programs and services? Forty-nine cents go to York Region for regional services, such as health, social services, police and emergency medical services, and 23 cents go to the province of Ontario for education.
The City of Vaughan invites you to get involved in the budget process and learn more about how your hard-earned tax dollars are spent. There are many ways for you to get involved and learn about the budget:
- Attend public meetings in Council Chamber at Vaughan City Hall or watch the meetings live online at vaughan.ca:
- Monday, Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. – Topic: Budget overview
- Monday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. – Topic: Public deputations
- Monday, Nov. 23 at 7 p.m. – Topic: Public deputations and departmental reviews
- Monday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. – Topic: Wrap-up and expected recommendation to Council
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. – Topic: Special Council Meeting to approve the budget
- Provide input through an online budget feedback form at vaughan.ca/budget.
- Call 905-832-8610 to leave a message that will be shared with Council.
- Join the conversation on the City’s Twitter and Facebook pages using #vaughanbudget2016. The City will also be live tweeting from all public meetings.
- Learn about the budget on the City’s website at vaughan.ca/budget.
- Visit the City’s YouTube page to watch Mayor Bevilacqua’s budget video.
- Subscribe to the City’s blog and eNewsletter for regular updates.
- Email any questions or comments to the City at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing what you have to say as we plan for the future. Vaughan is in the midst of a transformation and we remain committed to pursuing opportunities that enhance the quality of life for everyone in our community.
For more information and to stay up to date on the budget, please visit vaughan.ca/budget.