City offering six free concerts throughout the summer
The City of Vaughan is launching the 21st annual free Concerts in the Park series. Starting tonight at 7:30 p.m., the St. Royals will entertain with their funk, soul, Motown and R&B repertoire at Vaughan City Hall’s outdoor courtyard.
Five other concerts, staged in local parks across the city, will take place throughout the summer on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 p.m., weather permitting. Here is the concert lineup:
- June 17 – Enjoy the vibrant acoustic hits of RED: Tribute to Taylor Swift at North Thornhill Community Centre’s outdoor Amphitheatre, 300 Pleasant Ridge Ave., Thornhill
- July 8 – Disco days are back! Join in the sounds of boogie nights with Disco Inferno at Chancellor District Park, 430 Chancellor Dr., Woodbridge
- July 22 – Lose yourself in the energetic vibe of Elevation: Tribute to U2 at Sonoma Heights Community Park, 100 Sunset Ridge, Woodbridge
- July 29 – Relive the sensational phenomenon and dance the night away with the tunes of Abbamania: the Magic and Music of Abba at Mackenzie Glen District Park, 220 Cranston Park Ave., Maple
- Aug. 5 – The sounds of soul await you. Sway and move to the beat of Motown Mania at York Hill District Park, 501 Clark Ave. W., Thornhill
The Concerts in the Park series is presented by TD and event sponsors are CN, Tim Hortons and TransCanada Corporation. For more information, please visit vaughan.ca/concerts.
Visit the City of Vaughan’s website at vaughan.ca.