Visit Vaughan Community Centres for March Break Leisure Fun
If you’re staying in the city during March Break, then take a trip to the City of Vaughan’s community centres for drop-in leisure activities and registered camps, offered from Friday, March 13 to Sunday, March 22.
Free recreational swimming, sponsored by Tim Hortons, is scheduled during various afternoons and evenings at select pools. Outdoor rinks will be open for free recreational skating and shinny hockey, weather permitting.
A variety of drop-in leisure activities, suitable for all ages and interests, is available throughout the week at a nominal fee. Highlights include:
- Sports: ball hockey, basketball, bocce, soccer, volleyball, dodgeball and glow-in-the-dark bowling
- Skating and shinny hockey: available at indoor arenas
- Vaughan fitness centres: cardio and strength-training equipment, indoor tracks, squash courts and saunas for ages 13 years and older
- Fitness classes: power cycling, yoga, Pilates, boot camp, Zumba and more for ages 13 years and older
- Games rooms: Wii, Xbox, pool tables, foosball, air hockey and ping pong for ages 10 years and older
- Swimming: aquafitness, parent and tot, and length swimming
Children ages four to 16 years can spend their school break at one of the City’s five-day camps, which feature fun-filled arts and crafts, games, drama, fitness, music, sports and swimming. Camp details can be found in the 2015 Spring and Summer Recreation eGuide in the School Break section. Spaces are limited. Register at vaughan.ca/RecOnline.
March Break activity schedules are online at vaughan.ca/recreation and at all community centres. For more information, contact the Recreation and Culture department at 905-832-8500 or email email@example.com.
Visit the City of Vaughan’s website at vaughan.ca.