It’s a snowy day in Vaughan! Crews are out clearing the streets, and today’s committee meetings will start later than originally scheduled.
- The Finance, Administration and Audit Committee meeting scheduled for 9:30 a.m. is being rescheduled to today at 1 p.m.
- The Committee of the Whole (Closed Session) originally scheduled for 2 p.m. is being rescheduled to today immediately following the Finance, Administration and Audit Committee
Conditions will continue to be monitored throughout the day.
Crews have been out clearing snow since early this morning. Primary routes have been completed once and crews are now starting their second round. The first pass through primary sidewalks is about 75 per cent complete with more clearing planned as roads and sidewalks continue to be snowed and blown in.
To assist with snow-clearing operations, please follow these tips:
- Stay off the roads unless it is essential
- If you must head out, adjust your driving to the conditions
- Do not park on the road or block sidewalks
- Clear snow and ice from the public sidewalk in front of your property
- Do not pile or blow snow onto the roadway. It is an offence under the Highway Traffic Act to place snow on the roadway
- Stay well back from plows and salting equipment
Salting and snowplow operations follow a priority system, with high-volume main roads being salted and/or plowed first, followed by side streets, cul-de-sacs and rear laneways. Our main goal during a snowstorm is to keep main roads and sidewalks clear for emergency/transit vehicles.
Major arterial roads, such as Bathurst Street, Dufferin Street, Keele Street and Major Mackenzie Drive, are maintained by York Region.
For more information, visit the Winter Maintenance section of vaughan.ca or call the Access Vaughan call centre at 905-832-2281.
Visit the City of Vaughan’s website at vaughan.ca.