Get Involved in the City of Vaughan’s 2015 Budget Process
You have to balance the needs and wants of your family, while saving for the future. Now think about creating a budget for 315,000 people. That’s what City of Vaughan staff and Council are about to do. Work on the 2015 Budget and 2016-18 Plan is underway and the City wants your input.
New this year is the Budget Challenge – an interactive budget tool that teaches residents about budget spending and how different tax rates affect service levels and City projects. The tool is available on vaughan.ca/budget.
There are many ways for you to be involved in this process:
- Attend public meetings
- Monday, Jan. 12 – 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 23 – 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 2 – 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 9 – 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday, March 2 – 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday, March 9 – 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Join the conversation on the City’s Twitter and Facebook pages using #VaughanBudget2015. The City will also be live tweeting from some of the public meetings beginning with the Jan. 12 evening session
- Educational videos will be posted soon on the City’s YouTube page. Video topics include how to get involved and how tax dollars are allocated
- Learn about the budget on the City’s website at vaughan.ca/budget
- Subscribe to the City’s blog and eNewsletter for regular updates
- Participate in an “Ask the Expert” feature on Twitter to get questions answered in real time
- Email any questions or comments to the City at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public meetings will be held at Vaughan City Hall, 2141 Major Mackenzie Dr. Evening meetings will be held in Council Chamber and daytime meetings will be held in Committee Room 242/243. There will also be a Special Council Meeting before the budget is approved to provide the public with a final opportunity to comment on the proposed 2015 Budget and 2016-18 Plan. This meeting is anticipated for March.
For more information and to stay up to date on the budget, please visit the City’s website at vaughan.ca/budget.
Visit the City of Vaughan’s website at vaughan.ca.