Say “I do” at City Hall
Planning a wedding is a joyous event, but it can be stressful! The City of Vaughan is here to help. Couples can now have a civil marriage ceremony at City Hall.
Ceremonies can take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and are held in the City Hall Garden Room, which can accommodate up to 40 people.
Civil Marriage Service Package
To help make this important day as beautiful and intimate as possible, we have created a Civil Marriage Service Package that contains information to help you plan your civil marriage ceremony. In the package you will find:
- Civil Marriage Ceremony Guidelines – The guidelines provide answers to frequently asked questions about civil marriage ceremonies at City Hall.
- Pre-Civil Marriage Ceremony Questionnaire – This information will help you and the Officiant plan and co-ordinate the details of the ceremony.
- Sample Vows – There are three options for vows that you can choose from. You can also write custom vows that can be inserted to supplement the mandatory declarations required under the Marriage Act.
- Interpreter Certificate – This certificate must be completed and signed by anyone acting as an interpreter for the purpose of interpreting the vows of the ceremony.
Book your Civil Marriage Ceremony
Booking your ceremony is easy. Follow these steps:
- Purchase a marriage licence from the City Clerk’s Office or any other marriage licence issuer in the province of Ontario. Note: marriage licences are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
- Book a consultation with an Officiant from the City Clerk’s Office. This mandatory meeting should be scheduled at least three days before the ceremony. To book a consultation, visit the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall or call 905-832-8504. See the Civil Marriage Service Package for a list of things to bring to your consultation.
- Book the Garden Room for your ceremony. The Garden Room can be booked through the City Clerk’s Office at 905-832-8504 or as part of the consultation process.
Let us be a part of your special day. For more information, look at the Marriage Licence/Civil Marriage Ceremony section on the City’s Licences and Permits webpage or call the City Clerk’s Office at 905-832-8504.