Momentum /moː Iment əm/ n. (pl. momenta /-tə/)]
- Physics the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
- The impetus gained by movement.
- Strength or continuity derived from an initial effort.
From the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, second edition
Introducing the 2010-2013 Momentum Report
The energy, vision and passion displayed by the people who work, live and believe in the City of Vaughan have resulted in many achievements and milestones. The 2010-2013 Momentum Report highlights those successes and summarizes the City’s transformation over the past four years under this Council.
The desire to be at the forefront of change and innovation is the momentum that continues to drive the City’s strategic plan and position Vaughan as a municipal leader.
Some highlights from the Momentum Report include:
- The City’s commitment to environmental sustainability including the opening of a new City Hall built to gold Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards and the gold LEED-certified Fire Station 7-10
- Enhancements to Vaughan’s transportation network including construction of the Toronto-York Spadina subway extension and provincial approval of the Highway 427 extension to Major Mackenzie Drive
- Continuing development of the City’s new downtown, the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre
- Successful business missions to China, Israel and Italy combined with the establishment of a number of economic partnerships
- Opening of a new 10,000-square-foot state-of-the-art fitness centre at Vellore Village Community Centre
- One of the lowest municipal tax rates in the GTA
- Numerous staff awards from external organizations in the areas of financial management, environmental stewardship, public engagement, community services and City publications
Read your copy of the Momentum Report now
Look for your copy of the Momentum Report, which will be delivered with the 2014 Spring and Summer Recreation Guide. You can also pick up a copy at Vaughan City Hall or at any Vaughan public library or community centre.
Visit our website for an interactive, electronic version of the Momentum Report.